IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER
Symmetry, balance, aesthetics... All are at the top of the mind when Sean Williams walks out onstage. Sean is one of those bodybuilders blessed with small joints and a small waist that makes everything else pop! After winning the Overall at the 2017 Battle for the Eagle in Eugene, Sean set his sights on the 2018 NPC USA Championships in Las Vegas. He was able to suck down to Middleweights and when prejudging started, he was clearly the winner of the class.. and his very own IFBB Pro Card. Now, will it be IFBB Pro 212 Bodybuilding or IFBB Pro Classic Physique... hmm?
1. When and why did you decide to start competing?
I started competing in 2013. I was introduced to the sport by a personal trainer who saw something in me. I was drawn to the sport because it challenged me and I was interested to see what I was able to accomplish. I wanted to prove to myself that I could push my body, grow my physique, and overcome an extreme sport like bodybuilding.
2. What makes you want to go farther in the sport?
I am motivated by the desire to accomplish something that the average person cannot. I want to be above average, I want to be the best. My goal is to get to the IFBB Pro Olympia stage, and getting my Pro Card was one step closer to reaching my goal.
3. What type of training do you implement during contest prep and the in the off-season?
During contest prep I focus on high intensity training, increasing my cardio, increasing my reps while lifting, and conserving energy and muscle mass. During my off season, I focus on strength training, power lifting, and mobility training. This last off season I implemented a lean bulk, which made my contest prep shorter and less extreme.
4. What is your favorite type of dieting meals and what is your favorite type of cheat meal?
My favorite type of diet meal is steak with potatoes. For my cheat meals, I enjoy pizza, hamburgers, and my all-time favorite is cheesecake!
5. Who are some of the people that have helped you along the way to get where you are now in life or in the sport?I am grateful for many people who have helped and supported me along the way. My daughter has been one of my biggest motivators. I want to set an example for her and motivate her to achieve her goals, however challenging they may be.
I also appreciated the guidance and support from my coach, Andre Scott. He helped me stay on track with my workouts and diet, and come up with posing routines. Overall he was an influential mentor in both the sport and my life.
6. Who or what inspires you to strive for more in the sport?
There are many people who inspire me to strive for more in the sport; many Pro athletes, as well as setting an example for my daughter. Although the people in my life inspire me, I also have a lot of self-motivation to achieve my goals, and use my desire to be the best version of myself as inspiration to strive for more in this sport.
7. What is next for you as a competitor?
My next goal is to build muscle over the next few years and compete in the Olympia at 212 lbs or Classic Physique. I am also seeking sponsors as a Pro athlete.
8. What is your favorite memory good or bad while prepping or competing?
I think my favorite memory while competing was at the USA Championships in Las Vegas where I won my pro card. When I was on stage during pre-judging, the judges immediately placed me in the center of the line-up. At that point, I knew I was in the position to become a pro bodybuilder. That feeling and memory will stay with me forever.
9. Any website you would like to plug, Facebook, Twitter, personal site, etc...
You can check out my Instagram @seanwilliams_ifbbpro
I am in the process of working on a personal site, so stay tuned.
10. Anything you would like to say to all the visitors to NPC Oregon?
I just want to give a shout out to all the visitors of NPC Oregon. If you are looking at competing shoot me an IG message, I would love to coach you! This sport is challenging and will push you to your limit, but just remember to keep striving for your goals and never give up. You have the ability to change your life and become whatever you want be. Thank you so much for letting me tell my story.