NPC MENS PHYSIQUE
Ever since stepping on the stage at the 2013 NPC Seven Feathers Championships, Dane was hooked and began a hunger for an Overall Win. Well, in 2017 he got his first Overall Victory at the 2017 NPC Cascadian Classic. He then took a short break to focus on fine tuning his physique and decided to do the 2018 NPC Emerald Cup.. guess what? He won the Overall there as well! Now Dane has his sights set on a couple National level competitions to get his very own IFBB Pro Card!
1. When and why did you decide to start competing?
I started competing in 2013, and my first show was Seven Feathers. The reason I decided to compete was because a friend said I had a look for the stage. I was up for the challenge and wanted to try something new. Didn’t expect that it would become such a passion.
2. What makes you want to go farther in the sport?
The ability to be able to constantly grow and improve drives. Whenever I compete I always bring something better. And that alone is enough to inspire me to go further.
3. What type of training do you implement during contest prep and the in the off-season?
I almost never have an off season. I’m always in prep mode. I stay lean year round in order to go into contest prep and only need 8-12 weeks to prep. I use hypertrophy methods of training and volume all through out the year. Maintaining my diet to grow and maintain a lean physique. Training almost everyday while hitting muscle groups that need work multiple times a week.
4. What is your favorite type of dieting meals and what is your favorite type of cheat meal?
The staple chicken, rice, and veggies is my favorite. Burgers are always my go to cheat meals.
5. Who are some of the people that have helped you along the way to get where you are now in life or in the sport?
I’ve had a huge support group over my years of competing. Some of my biggest supporters have been my mom, Tim Bias, Miles Mann, Shaun Standridge aka Wycked Shaun, and most recently Team Alpha Starr. I couldn’t be as far as I am today without them.
6. Who or what inspires you to strive for more in the sport?
The fact that there is always somewhere I can improve, there is always a constant grind and goal to achieve really keeps me driven and focused.
7. What is next for you as a competitor?
My next step has been for an IFBB Pro card. Eventually I would like to compete with the best of the best on the Olympia stage in Las Vegas! That would be the ultimate win.. to step on the Olympia stage!
8. What is your favorite memory good or bad while prepping or competing?
Favorite memories was winning my first overall at the Cascadian Classic. I was overcome with emotion. I wanted and had been chasing an overall for a long time. That was my first overall victory, and then my second came by way of the 2018 Emerald Cup.
9. Any website you would like to plug, Facebook, Twitter, personal site, etc...
10. Anything you would like to say to all the visitors to NPC Oregon?
Absolutely proud to be a Part of NPC Oregon and to be able to compete in the Northwest. The NPC does an amazing job up here with all their shows.